Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mt. Baldy

On Labor Day, my dad and I hiked the Mt. Baldy loop. It is an AWESOME 18 mile hike. We we not sure if we would be able to make it the whole way when we started because of the black clouds we were hiking into. But the worst of the storm seemed to be ahead of us and all we got were just a few showers and cold weather along the way. Along the trail towards the top are the remnants of a crashed airplane. There are actually several pieces of it in this area. I learned later that it crashed in the 1940's while training during World War II. Near the top, Dad checked his GPS and we were at 11,200 feet elevation.

Thanks Dad for spending such a fun day with me!!!! I Love You!

1 comment:

Arabeth said...

You are catching up on your blogging. I really like the picture in your title header.